Welcome to Umbra.
Here are some useful tips to get you started:
- multiple commands on a line can be separated with a ;
- hit ENTER on a blank input to re-send your last command
- A number keypad can be used for movement, including - and + for up and down, * and / for in and out
- It can also be used for other commands with CTRL. e.g. typing ROLL then pressing CTRL+8 will send "ROLL N"
- Avalon-standard keyboard macros are supported. Read HELP MACROS and HELP MM. As an example, a macro for CTRL+L might be defined as "SM CTRL+L look::eye" - once defined, Umbra can use this macro right away
- For mobile/tablet users, we also have on-screen buttons. Macros here can be defined as UMBRA+A thru UMBRA+Z. The button box can be moved around the screen with a swipe gesture.
- To rename a macro button, use "button [name]" as a fake first command in your macro definition.
- See PROMPT HELP for extra variables that can be displayed on your prompt.
- Some prompt inclusions run commands: slp => vigour, cht => cast, brh => breathe, bld => clot, dra => drains, there may be others!
- In the bulletin board, your input will be echoed back. You'll also find that semicolons can be used normally and keyboard macros are disabled.
- If you lose your connection, Umbra will keep you logged in (safely) as an aura. You can even reconnect from a different device and see some of your recent history replayed.
- Use the QQ command or logout from the menu to truly quit.